Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Aimee Ray Free Patterns

I first discovered Aimee Ray when I got her book, Doodle Stitching , for Christmas. I loved her whimsical modern designs which are not the norm in patterns I've found. With the exception of Sublime Stitching , http://www.sublimestitching.com/, I haven't found anything out there that I would want to embroider. I started embroidering about 3 weeks ago when I found out my boyfriend had embroidered a jean jacket in the 70's when he was laid up with a broken collar bone. He wanted something to do during those long hours of sitting around the house. So I asked him if he wanted to do it again and we could do it together. We went to Hobby Lobby and got pillowcases with a floral pattern. I whipped through mine because I didn't really like the design on the pillowcases and I wanted to move on to something prettier. My boyfriend is still working on the first of 5 flowers. He is meticulous and his work is beautiful. I was so thrilled to find aimee ray's website, http://littledeartracks.blogspot.com/, and to see that she generously shared 2 of her beautiful patterns. I did the circus themed one first. It was so much fun to do something so colorful and beautiful. My daughter loved it and wanted to turn it into a pillow so we made that last night, all hand sewn. ( my sewing machine and I have a bad relationship.) I hope you will have confidence that you can do this if you have never tried it before. Good luck!

I have fallen in love with embroidery in just 3 weeks. I learned just a few stitches on youtube and I was able to do both of the aimee ray designs. I have done every craft on the planet and this one is very inexpensive and so quick to learn. The results are very satisfying. Another thing I like is that it's very portable. All it takes is a little box full of thread and the piece you are working on.



No comments:

Post a Comment